Hospitality at St. Agnes
That our parishioners and guests
- are welcomed to the church with a smile and a verbal greeting, and that they are made to feel comfortable upon entering the church
- because someone who is welcomed by name will feel more a part of our congregation, those entering will be welcomed by name (to the best of our ability, of course!)
- after Mass, committee members will make every effort to interact with any guests, visitors, or, especially, new parishioners and, by doing so, remove any unnecessary barriers to a repeat visit.
Elements of Hospitality:
To enhance the sense of community here at St. Agnes
- once a month, we will have refreshments after all of our weekend Masses
- after our daytime Sunday Masses, refreshments will include coffee, tea, juice
- during most months, the St. Agnes school children are invited to our Hospitality Sunday at the 10:45 Mass
- after our evening weekend Masses, refreshments will include wine, cheese, crackers, cookies, coffee, tea, and juice
- our Hospitality Sundays provide a comfortable atmosphere for social interaction with the parishioners and guests, and thus helps to build a greater sense of community !