Classes are offered on Sunday mornings from 8:30 a.m. until 10:30 a.m.
Adults seeking the Sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist, or Confirmation should contact Deacon Bill at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no fees for RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults)
but registration is required.
CALENDAR FOR 2016-2017
The Journey heads into the deeper waters of the "Catechumenate" (12 sessions)
Lent is a Journey into "Purification and Enlightenment" (5 Sessions & 3 Triduum Liturgies)
- C-1, Sunday, Dec. 4th, Catholicism 1: "Amazed and Afraid" - Revelation of God Become Man; JF C-1 Sacraments; Mass Minutes (MM).
- C-2, Sunday, Dec. 11th, Catholicism 2: "Happy are We" - The Teachings of Jesus; JF C-2 Sacrament of Baptism; MM.
- C-3, Sunday, Dec. 18th, Catholicism 3: "The Ineffable Mystery of God"; JF C-3 Sacrament of Confirmation; MM.
- Sunday, Dec. 25th, Christmas: No Class.
- Sunday, Jan. 1st, New Year's Day: No Class.
- C-4, Sunday, Jan., 8th, Catholicism 4: "Mary, the Mother of God"; JF C-4 Sacrament of the Eucharist; MM.
- C-5, Sunday, Jan. 15th, Catholicism 5: "The indispensable Men" - Peter & Paul; JF C-5/13 Reconciliation/Morality; MM.
- C-6, Sunday, Jan. 22nd, Catholicism 6: "The Mystical Body of Christ"; JF C-6 Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick; MM.
- C-7, Sunday, Jan. 29th, Catholicism 7: "Word Made Flesh, True Bread of Heaven" - Liturgy/Eucharist; JF C-7/10 Marriage/Jesus; MM.
- C-8, Sunday, Feb. 5th, Catholicism 8: "A Vast Company of Witnesses" - The Communion of Saints; JF C-8/9 Holy Orders/People; MM.
- C-9, Sunday, Feb. 12th, Catholicism 9: "The Fire of His Love" - Prayer and Life of the Spirit; JF C-9/11/12 Holy Orders/Church; MM
- C-10, Sunday Feb. 19th, Catholicism 10: "World Without End" - The Last Things; JF C-14/15/16 Social Justice, Dignity of Life; MM
- C-11, Sunday, Feb. 26th, The Rite of Election: The Next Step; Rite Handouts; JF L-1/2 "What is Lent?"/Saying Yes to Jesus; MM.
- Ash Wednesday is March 1st, 2017: Lent Begins.
- C-12, Sunday, March 5th, First Sunday of Lent: Two Liturgies: Rite of Election at St. Agnes in Morning at 9 a.m. mass. Second Liturgy is later that afternoon at Cathedral in Oakland in Evening. Plan to Meet in St. Agnes Church at 8:30 a.m. (reserved seating near the choir side. The Cathedral Liturgy will begin at 4 p.m. in Oakland. Further Details and handouts for the Cathedral will be furnished in class.
- PE-1, Sunday, March 12th, 2nd Sunday of Lent, "Ancient Rites of the Church: The Scrutinies" JF L-3 Take a Look, MM
- PE-2, Sunday, March 19th, 3rd Sunday of Lent, First Scrutiny at 9 a.m. mass, "Woman at the Well" Refl Part 1 of 3; JF L-4 Creed
- PE-3, Sunday, Mar. 26th, Second Scrutiny at 9 a.m. mass, "Man Born Blind" Reflection Part 2 of 3; JF L-5 The Way of the Cross; MM
- PE-4, Sunday, Apr. 2nd, Third Scrutiny at 9 a.m. mass, "Raising of Lazarus" Reflection Part 3 of 3; JF L-6 The Lord's Prayer; MM
- PE-5, Sunday, Apr. 9th, Palm Sunday - Holy Week Begins, JF L-7 The Meaning of Holy Week; MM
- PE-6, Thursday, Apr. 13th, Holy Thursday - Mass begins at 7:30 p.m.
- PE-7, Friday, Apr. 14th, Good Friday - Liturgy begins at 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 15th, Easter Vigil and Sacraments of Initiation - (1 Day, 2 Sessions)
Rehearsal: Saturday, April 15th, 1 p.m. in Church; Private Homework: JF L-8 Catechumenate Retreat (only 3rd Reading and Epistle fill-ins)
Evening Vigil Mass - Procession forms outside the Church at 7:30 p.m. Mass begins 8 p.m.
The Afterglow of Mystagogia (2 Sessions)
Sunday, Apr. 23rd, Divine Mercy Sunday,
Attend 9 a.m. mass, Sharing in Ministry Center after mass.
Sunday, Apr. 30th, Final Gathering Mass, Attend 9 a.m. mass,
Receive Certificates after mass in Ministry Center.